Non-Profit and Community Organizations,
Bands and Performers
September 23, 2023
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to your participation in our 2023 Yankee Doodle Parade.
This year’s theme is ‘Billerica: Our Community (What do you like or a great memory of our town).’
Please be sure to decorate your float/vehicle, and arrange your music around this theme. Please complete all information.
If you would prefer to print and mail in your application rather than submitting online using the form below, please click here to download the parade application PDF form and instructions.
All parade participants must be at the Shops at Billerica mall (480 Boston Rd) No Later than 9:00 am for placement and preparation. Boston Road will be closed by 9:15 am.
If you arrive late, you will not be permitted in the lineup.
Only this version of the application will be accepted. Your information will be kept confidential.
Rules of Participation
Please read the following instructions and statements. Submission of your application signifies you have read, understand, and shared the information with everyone in your group who will participate.
- Participation in all Yankee Doodle Homecoming activities/events is contingent upon each individual and/or group promoting a relaxed, family friendly, community-oriented atmosphere.
- In the interest of maintaining public safety, security and the wellbeing of all event attendees and in order to protect the “content neutral nature” of Billerica’s Yankee Doodle Homecoming event, any promotion of individual candidates, political parties, or specific social positions are prohibited on event grounds. The prohibition includes, but is not limited to, the distribution of political themed literature and the carrying and/or posting of signs or other political media on event grounds during the Billerica Yankee Doodle Homecoming event.
- Individuals and/or groups whose function or purpose comport to these activities, are also prohibited.
- Any individual may participate as a private citizen in the activities/events of the Homecoming as long as they adhere to the rules as stated herein.
- The Executive Board reserves the right to take appropriate action if any participating individual or group fails to follow these Rules of Participation.
- Currently seated Billerica Selectmen, State Senator for Billerica, State Representative for Billerica, the Billerica Town Moderator, and the Billerica Town Manager may participate in the parade as they represent our established form of government.
- The Executive Board reserves the right to reject any application for participation in a Yankee Doodle Homecoming activity/event.
- All decisions of the Executive Board are final.